Teeth misalignment is a common problem and it isn’t easy to find people with perfectly aligned teeth. A minor alignment issue doesn’t pose much of a problem either cosmetically or from a functional point of view. However, if your teeth need major rotation, are misaligned or overlapping each other, you would need some orthodontic treatment. The two options used to fix teeth alignment problems are metal braces and Invisalign clear aligners.
We at Summerbrook Dental Group have seen that many people are torn between
these two options and are unsure about which one would work best for them. While both Invisalign and traditional braces are used to fix teeth alignment issues, they are very different treatments. More often than not, they are used for different types of alignment problems as well.
We understand that you want clarity about the dental treatments available, before you make your decision. Here is some information about Invisalign and traditional braces, their specific features and benefits etc. This will help you make a better-informed decision about the option you prefer.
Understanding What Metal Braces Are
Braces comprise of metal/colored resin brackets that are fitted to the front of the teeth. Your Aurora dentist will typically recommend this option only if your teeth are severely misaligned or if you have a major bite problem. These are permanent fixtures and can be removed only by your dentist. Depending on the condition of your teeth, you may have to wear the braces for two or more years.
About Invisalign And Its Benefits
Invisalign is a highly advanced orthodontic product made of a patented material SmartTrack®. The material is created exclusively to manufacture Invisalign clear aligners. They are gluten, latex, BPS and BPA-free and approved by the FDA which means they are effective and safe.
Invisalign treatment can be an excellent solution for both teens and adults looking for a cosmetically appealing and effective method to improve the appearance of their smile. The advanced technology used in making these aligners is effective in fixing almost all common bite and alignment issues, without interrupting or impacting your lifestyle. You can wear Invisalign confidently because:
- Over 5M people, including over 1M teens, have used Invisalign to transform their smiles.This is a proven product backed by over 20 years of innovation.
- These clear aligners won’t nick or chafe the inside of your mouth like traditional braces.
- Invisalign is super comfortable; once you have gotten used to wearing them, you won’t even know you’re wearing them.
- They are an excellent option for adults and children alike.
- Many sports persons use these clear aligners, confident in the fact that the trays won’t hurt their mouth when they are participating in contact sports, athletics etc.
- Since Invisalign trays are removable, you get to enjoy various foods. Metal braces can be extremely restrictive and you need to stay away from crunchy, hard, sticky foods.
- Since there are no brackets and wires to worry about, you can maintain proper oral hygiene very easily with regular flossing and brushing.
- This technology can help you get the smile you want almost 50% faster than traditional braces.
We Help You Make the Right Choice
While Invisalign offers some distinct advantages over traditional braces, only your dentist would be able to tell you which treatment would work for you. Metal braces are best suited for complex issues such as overcrowded teeth, or when you need teeth rotation while most other teeth alignment issues can be fixed with Invisalign.
When you come to us you are assured of world-class dental care. Our dentist will conduct a detailed assessment of your teeth and provide objective advice on the right treatment for you. Our objective is simple- to ensure you get effective dental treatments that suit your lifestyle and budget.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, feel free to call Summerbrook Dental Group at this number – (303) 693-1215 to schedule an appointment today.