PROTECTION DURING sports (or extreme sports) can help save your teeth and gums from serious damage, which can sometimes be permanent!
It’s tempting to buy cheaper over-the-counter mouth guards because with the cost of youth sports these days, every dollar saved is a good thing.
But over the counter mouth guards may not actually provide the protection that we need! Without the proper protective measures, cheap mouth guards could end up costing you a
lot more in the long run because of chipped teeth or gum injuries.
Not All Mouth Guards Are Created Equal
When you guy a custom-made mouth guard, you know that you’re getting a guard that is specifically designed for YOUR teeth. This gives extra protection because the padding and
cushioning and contours are specifically catered to your bite and your teeth, giving you the proper protection.
Other benefits of custom mouth guards include:
- Improved breathing, which leads to better endurance and communication
- A tighter fit, which can mean more security during those hard hits
- Can be sized specifically to your mouth size – even if your bite is on the narrow or larger end.
- Kinder to sensitive gums
- If dental injuries are sustained during sports, they can be minimized
- They have the highest protection rating
- The most comfortable type of mouth guard that can be made
Custom mouth guards Are An Investment
Yes, they’re more expensive. But if you spent a few hundred dollars on a mouth guard and could save yourself thousands of dollars from dental work that could have been
avoided, you end up saving a LOT of money in the long-term.
We want that smile to last!
When it comes to two-a-days, after school practices, heavy school/sports loads and weekend games or meets, a mouth guard may be near the end of your “to-do” list.
However, choosing protection today can mean a lifetime of smiles that can remain healthy and comfortable! If you or a member of your family needs a mouth guard for sports,
give us a call and let’s see if we can help protect that smile.
Thank you for being our valued patient and friend!
We’re supposed to brush our teeth twice a day, but how many of us actually end up doing it? Check out the poll below to see how you measure up to the rest of the population!
From a recent poll:
- 49% of men brush their teeth only once per day (who’s kissing these guys!?)
- 57% of women brush their teeth only once a day (hey ladies, that’s not much better…)